Sunday, March 30, 2014

photo restoration

I finished a shoot for a hair expo project. I shot the project using negative film. after I got the processed film, I needed to scan some images so I could  do some photo editing and optimize some images for print. I placed the negatives on a flatbed scanner but the film slid to the side of the scanner. with the moving part it got partially destroyed, ruining one image that was my favorite. armed with patience and a good supply of tea I sat at the computer and with the help of photoshop set out to restore the image. it took me a while of industrious effort to clean up the scratches, clone some part of the image and using various tools in photoshop reconstitute part of the image that was unrecognizable. the end result is not perfect but it was a good exercise to test the limits of what I could achieve in photoshop.ImageImage

No comments:

Post a Comment