Monday, January 19, 2015

actor's headshots of a dancer in dc

picture of a dancer aspiring actor in a fitting black body suit

headshot of a young black aspiring actor in washington dc

it was around the time I had moved my photography studio to 14th street, washington dc. I think prior to that, I had had maybe one client who needed actor’s headshots. business was slow but the only occasional clients that I had were a mix of business, models and portraits. the very first acting client that I had was a lady who had booked a shoot a couple of months earlier. she had requested to have a makeup artist at a time I was wondering whether it was absolutely necessary to have one for actors headshots. later I found out that she had quite a few skin blemishes that she hoped the makeup would cover up. this guy booked a shoot for 10am, which was quite early by my standards. it turned out to be only one of two appointments that I ever had that early. the other one was for a lady conductor who wanted some corporate headshots for her promotional brochure
traveling to nw dc was a little extensive trip, specially, I had to take the train, then wait for a bus before I could reach uptown 14th street. my studio was located in the basement of a clothing store. as I walked into the store the lady told me ‘you have a client waiting’. we introduced each other and proceeded to walk downstairs. he told me that he was a dancer but he was interested in trying his hand at acting. for someone who’s already a performer, the transition shouldn’t be that challenging. he was a well built young man with good looks and dreadlocks. 
for the most part, I tried to use dramatic lighting to accent his sculptural shape. he was very easy to work with and had great comfort in front of the camera. change of clothes was very basic. he had a dark brown sweater that he started with. then at some point took it off, leaving only a dark body suit which was revealing his muscular shape. I took a few close up headshots but most of the pictures were rather half body shots. 
the shoot went fast as it proceeded like it was choreographed. we ended up with about 100 shots, with which he seemed very pleased. since I had his email, I offered to send him a link to the processed files later in the evening. he made his choice promptly and I retouched the pictures and sent him a cd the following day.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice photo shoot. I like your post. Thanks for share this.
    Actor headshot photographers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry about picking out cool songs. You're not getting modeling pictures. theatrical headshots

    ReplyDelete